Envisioning the City of the Future: Making the Invisible Visible
International Concept and Design Competition Open to Students, Graduates and Experts
The international contest is open to students, graduates and experts and its aim is to imagine and design possible scenarios of the city of the future: How will smart and sharing cities look like in the future? How are these changes going to impact on people’s lives in cities?
Participants are asked to produce spherical panoramas of the proposed scenarios. During the awarding ceremony the selected projects will be shown with immersive Virtual Reality displays (Head Mounted Display).
The international jury will award the most innovative projects. The first classified will win one ArchiCad 20 Full licence and one Lumion Standard licence (corresponding value € 6.289).
Moreover, the three winning projects will win three annual subscriptions to charging stations for electric vehicles (provided by NHP); these stations will be implemented within the European project Sharing Cities.
- 28.02.2017 | Opening date for applications
- 15.05.2017 | Closing of applications and deadline for project submission within 12:00 pm – Central European Time Zone for accessing the first evaluation phase
- 26.05.2017 | Notice of the selected proposals (up to 30 proposals) and request of integrative material to access the second evaluation phase
- 12.06.2017 | Deadline for the final upload of definitive materials of the finalist projects
- 20.06.2017 | Closing ceremony and proclamation of the three finalists, special mentions and prize giving at the Polytechnic University of Milan with international jury
Laboratorio di Simulazione Urbana ‘Fausto Curti’
Politecnico di Milano_DAStU